Chromium Picolinate by Metagenics. Chromium is only required in the human body in trace amounts, but it still has very important functions. This formulation by Metagenics contains a highly absorbable source, which may enhance the function of insulin and is also involved in the regulation of fat, carbohydrate, and protein metabolism.
As far back as the 70’s doctors have known about chromium’s ability to reverse glucose (sugar) intolerance and diabetic nerve damage (neuropathy), when a patient given IV form quickly reversed these symptoms.
However, a more recent meta-analysis found no relationship in chromium to glucose or insulin in healthy or diabetic persons, except in one large Chinese study they reviewed on diabetics. This shows that the exact nature of chromium on sugar metabolism is still uncertain and the data is conflicting.
The National Academy of Sciences recommends an adequate intake of 25 to 35 mcg per day.
These medications alter stomach acidity and may reduce the absorption of chromium in the diet or in supplement form:
- H2 blockers (such as cimetidine, famotidine, nizatidine, and rantidine)
- Proton-pump inhibitors (such as omeprazole, lansoprazole, rabeprazole, pantoprazole, and esomeprazole)
These medications may enhance the absorption of chromium in the diet or in supplement form:
- Beta-blockers (such as atenolol or propanolol)
- Nicotinic acid
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS)
- Prostaglandin inhibitors (such as ibuprofen, indomethacin, naproxen, piroxicam, and aspirin)
Gluten-free, non-GMO and vegetarian.
We also offer a liquid version here.
Chromium (as chromium picolinate) (600mcg), Microcrystalline cellulose, stearic acid, croscarmellose sodium
|Serving Size:||1 Tablets|
|Servings Per Container:||60|
|Chromium (as chromium picolinate)||200 mcg||571%|
Recommended Dosage (adult)
DIRECTIONS: Take one to three tablets two times daily or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
- Keep out of the reach of children
- Formulated to Exclude: Wheat, gluten, corn, soy, animal or dairy products, colors, artificial sweeteners, and preservatives