500C Methoxyflavone by Metagenics is a complete citrus bioflavonoid solution for your every day needs. It contains 500mg of methoxyflavones such as naringin, narirutin, poncirin, didymin, hesperidin, neohesperidin, eriocitrin, and other phenolic compounds. It also contains 500mg of vitamin c per tablet, making this one of the absolute best bioflavonoid products on the market!
Many people use vitamin C, antioxidants and bioflavonoids for immune support, to maintain healthy youthful skin or to even rejuvenate skin to a more youthful appearance. The ingredients in 500C Methoxyflavone absolutely do help with those things, but there are many more helpful actions of of bioflavonoids that are not mentioned as commonly, including:
- Artery dilation- there was a drug created from flavonoids called “Chromocor”. It was used to dilate cardiac arteries in angina patients
- Lipid-lowering and enhancing effects- bioflavonoids protect LDL cholesterol from being oxidized and helps prevent atherosclerosis
- Anti-ulcer effects- bioflavonoids increase intestinal mucus, protecting the lining from damage due to acid
- Liver health- some flavonoids, like rutin and those from silymarin, have show liver protection and regeneration
- Eye health- bioflavonoids have shown preventive and therapeutic benefits for many eye conditions such as macular degeneration, glaucoma, cataracts and diabetic retinopathy
As you can see, there are many reasons why you should take a daily bioflavonoid supplement. From your eyes to your heart to the veins in your toes, bioflavonoids help support your health in many beneficial ways.
Bungau, S., Abdel-Daim, M., Tit, D., Ghanem, E., Sato, S., & Maruyama-Inoue, M. et al. (2019). Health Benefits of Polyphenols and Carotenoids in Age-Related Eye Diseases. Oxidative Medicine And Cellular Longevity, 2019, 1-22. doi:10.1155/2019/9783429 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6390265/
K. Raj Narayana, M. Sripal Reddy, M.R. Chaluvadi, D.R. Krishna. (2019). Citeseerx.ist.psu.edu. Retrieved 23 September 2019, from http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.562.6601&rep=rep1&type=pdf
Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) (500mg), Bioflavonoid Complex (min. 45% Bioflavonoids) Total Bioflavonoids: (500mg), Flavone (Hesperidin) (225mg), Flavonones (Narginin, Neohesperidin, Narirutin, Eriocitrin, Didymin, Poncirin, and others) (105mg), Flavonols, Flavones and Related Phenolic Compounds (10mg), Cellulose, Stearic Acid (vegetable, Silica, Magnesium Stearate (vegetable)
Recommended Dosage (adult)
SUGGESTED USAGE:. Take 1 or more tablets daily, or as directed by your health care practitioner.
- Contains no added milk, egg, wheat, yeast, soy, sugar, sweeteners, starch, salt, preservatives or colorings
Take 1 or more tablets daily, or as directed by your health care practitioner.